Josh's picture

NDR "550 5.7.1 Submission has been disabled for this account" during migration from Exchange 2003 to 2010

Here's an interesting issue you may run into when migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010.   E-mails passing through the Exchange 2010 Hub Transport role may bounce back with a Non-Delivery Report (NDR) with the SMTP code 550 5.7.1 that says something like "Submission has been disabled for this account."

Josh's picture

Mass deletion of databases on an Exchange 2010 Database Availability Group.

Last week I showed you a script that I wrote to create a mass amount of databases and database copies on an Exchange 2010 Database Availability Group (DAG).   Since that script was a work in progress, I needed to test it again.  This meant I needed to get rid of most of the databases it created the first time I ran it.  To do this, I used the same .csv file to create the databases, and just removed the databases from the list that I didn't want deleted.   Then I ran this script I called rmdb.ps1:

Josh's picture

Automating mass Exchange 2010 database creation with PowerShell.

A few weeks ago, I showed you my solution to creating a mass amount of disks with PowerShell and diskpart, for future use as Exchange 2010 database and log drives.   I finally had time to go back and create the databases for this environment.   In this environment, I had 4 Exchange 2010 servers with the Mailbox (MB) role on them, all part of the same Database Availability Group (DAG).   I needed to create a total of 97 databases, and 376 database copies in this DAG.   To do this, I wrote the following script I called "dbcreate.ps1"

Josh's picture

Mass Importing Mobile Phone Numbers into Active Directory using PowerShell and QAD Tools.

I had an interesting request at work today.  Management wanted all employees with a company issued cell phone, to have that cell phone number show up in the "Mobile" field of the "Phone/Notes" tab in Outlook.  Due to international legal concerns, it was only to be employees in the US.  

Josh's picture

Creating 188 volume mount points in under 2 minutes with PowerShell and diskpart.

Last week I showed you how I used PowerShell and diskpart to partition, format, and label 193 disks. If you'll recall, I said I still needed to figure out how to get 188 of those disks mapped to folders for Volume Mount Points.

My goal was to get this 100% automated. Due to time constraints, I'm only at about 95%. This last bit takes a small amount of manual work. Don't worry, it's just simple copy and paste.

First we need to list out all volumes, to do this, open PowerShell, and run diskpart.

list volume

Josh's picture

Configuring 193 disks in under 2 minutes with PowerShell and diskpart.

Today at work I had to partition, format, and label, 193 disks, in Server 2008 R2. Each disk was a LUN on an EMC SAN. The server is an HP ProLiant BL460c G7 Server Blade.

Subscribe to RSS - PowerShell